Is your notification related to improper actions of the employees against Company's
internal rules and legal regulations, damage or improper usage of the Company's fixed assets,
harmful acts on the Company's reputation, malpractice, harrassment, theft, insult, physical assaults or
other types of violations of Borusan's “Borusan Holding Orange Guide”?
1. About which company would you like to make this report?
2. Where is the company located?
3. Please indicate your relationship to the company.
4. Would you like to provide your name?
In this case, your name and contact information will be shared with the company you are reporting.
In this case, your name and contact information will not be shared with the company you are reporting and will be known only by KPMG.
However, it may be shared with courts of law if requested.
In this case, you will not be contacted since you chose not to share your name and contact information.
5. Please tell us your concerns in detail.
Questions below are detailed in order for us to understand the case carefully.
All questions must be answered in order to submit the report.
6. Among whom this issue has occured or is occuring?
7. Where this issue has occured or is occuring?
8. Do you know when this issue has occured or started occuring? If it has not occured yet, when will it occur?
Please speficy the date:
9. How many times has it occured? Is it recurring?
10. Did you witness the issue or did you hear it from someone else?
11. When did you become aware of the issue? Who are the witnesses to the case, if any?
12. Have you notified your managers?
13. Who else is aware and knows the issue?
14. Is there any evidence/documentation related to the issue? If so, is it possible to share them?
15. Is there any evidence/documentation that you do not directly hold but it is thought/known to be possessed by someone else? If exists, is there any way to access them?
16. Is there anything else you would like to add?
17. How did you become aware of the KPMG Ethics Hotline?
* Send button will be activated when the reCAPTHCA is solved successfully.